Kindling is the wood or other materials used to start fires. They start out burning bright and strong but if some strong firewood is not present the fire will quickly burn out. (Kindling is conferences/worship nights/mission trips etc) Think of the fire as your intimate love of Jesus. The fire is your fuel source that gives you power. The fire sets you a part and makes you strong and courageous. The fire calls you deeper and burns away the weeds and thorns making for a healthy root system leading to fruit. The fire activates all of the seed that you are putting in your heart and causes combustion. The fire renews your mind and transforms your appetites to want what He wants and hate what He hates. The fire keeps you pure and destroys the lies that enemy tries to plant in your life. The fire illuminates your path and transforms any atmosphere that you walk in. The fire will make you contagious and cause you to light other fires as your life is one that inspires others. The fire makes you obsess about the Kingdom. Our God is a consuming fire! He baptizes us with the Holy Spirit and FIRE. When Jesus called you THE LIGHT OF WORLD, He was talking about a BURNING TORCH!!!
Leviticus 6:12: The fire on the altar must be kept burning: It must never go out. EVERY MORNING THE PRIEST IS TO ADD FRESH WOOD TO THE FIRE….
You are part of a ROYAL PRIESTHOOD in the NEW COVENANT!! THE ALTAR IS YOUR HEART! WHAT IS SOME FRESH WOOD WE CAN ADD DAILY?
FRESH WOOD THAT KEEPS FIRE BURING
- An understanding of the TRUE GOSPEL (Old Adam dead, New creation IN CHRIST) Not a SIN NATURE but a DIVINE NATURE-FREEDOM OVER SIN-Born Again (John 3:3, 2 Cor 5:17, 21, Romans 6:6-7, 11, Gal 2:20, 2 Peter 1:3-4)
- A deep belief that Grace is not license to sin but His power in us to walk Holy (Titus 2:11-12)
- A Deep belief in your true identity that you are a royal son or daughter and your Father is pleased with you (meditate on this truth daily)( Luke 12:32, Romans 8:15, 1 Peter 2:9)
- Hearing His voice and following Him in obedience (John 14:15, John 10:27)
- Spending time in His word every day (meditate on His promises) Psalm 1
- A lifestyle of prayer (not just when you are in crisis)( Matt 6:6, 1 Thess 5:17)
- A lifestyle of worship (anointed worship playlist) John 4:24, Heb 12:28-29
- A healthy diet of anointed podcast (Bethel, Jesus Culture, Todd White, Kris Valloten, The ramp are some of my favorites) Romans 12:2, Phil 4:8
- Connecting with a community of EAGLES that want to grow and setting boundaries with the chickens that want to continue to peck around the barnyard (Prov 13:20)
- Serving others with the heart of king and leading others with the heart of a servant, always be ENCOURAGING (Romans 12:10, 1 Thess 5:11)
- Get to know Holy Spirit and allow Him to flow through you, ENJOY GOD! (Acts 1:8, 10:38)
- Let the words we speak be filled with Life (Prov 18:21)
- Celebrate the process and enjoy the journey (remember growth is rewarded by pruning) Healthy Roots produce beautiful fruit (John 15:2, Mark 4:28, Eph 3:17)
- Choose to walk in Joy daily (Neh 8:10, Gal 5:22-23, Isaiah 61:3)